Ramanujan College which earlier used to be, I repeat USED TO BE Deshbandhu (Eve), is now a separate Morning College. The college came into existence in July 2010 and has a long way to go.
Honestly, I truly think Ramanujan College is underrated. Though still in its infancy, it has already achieved heaps of excellence. Read on to enlighten yourself about the College.
Ramanujan is Located in Kalkaji in South Delhi. It is surrounded by many famous tourist spots like LOTUS TEMPLE, ISCKON TEMPLE. GK market is near by the college campus.
Hauz Khas Village is also very close to the college.
There are many places to hangout with friends and enjoy college life.
- EATING POINTS
Ask any college student and his top priority during college days will be to find some really good delicacies to relish upon which obviously his pocket money allows. Being in Ramanujan, this conundrum is easily tackled as it is surrounded by so many different eating joints.The famous Kalkaji market provides us with all our favourite eating outlets from McDees to Pizza Hut to KFC to CCD to Dunkin Donuts. You name it and it is there. And how can we forget the tiny treasures? Our favorite street food joints. Sardarji ke rajma chawal, the famous Chinese van and choley kulche wale bhaiya are always there to help us treat our tummies.
First day of college, the worst fear of any fresher is ragging.We are so scared of the word “seniors”. But honestly, we have one of the best seniors in our college. They are so friendly, always ready to guide and help. And this motivates us to share the same love with our juniors.
Ramanujan College is the third largest college for Commerce Education in Delhi University. It has got one the best commerce faculty. The teachers unlike in other colleges are not nonchalant. But concerned, helpful and of course hold expertise in various fields of knowledge.
In college it is not only the studies but co-curricular activities that also matter. Ramanujan has many societies and each one stands out in every competition.
- JAZBA: Jazbaites are the pride of our college. This is the dramatics society of Ramanujan College. Words fall short to describe the hard work done by this society. They have won several prizes including bagging the First prize in HT City Youth Nexus held this year.
- DNA: Dance society of Ramanujan College. Play it on and the DNA can tap on anything from Western, to Hip-Hop to B-boying, Contemporary to Indo Jazz including Indian fusion dance forms. DNA has won several prizes during fests in different colleges.
- CENTRE FOR ETHICS AND VALUES: It feels so good to tell everyone that Ramanujan was the first college under DELHI UNIVERSITY to organise fest for ethics and values. It was a great success.
- RAMCOMM: This is the commerce society of the college. One of the most active societies. The fest organised or the trips organised by this society are mind blowing.
- NSS: The members of this society are always ready to help. They take active participation in all the events. NSS has always stood out in their work.
- PLACMENT CELL: Placement is something which matters a lot now days. This society helps the students grab good placements once they are out into the world after graduation. It also provides internship opportunities to students. The work done by placement cell is remarkable.
And we are not done yet. We have Shivranjini, the Musical Society, First Cut, the film Making Society and Tark, the Debating society and innumerable departmental societies too to help you quench your thirst of exploring various fields of knowledge in the coolest way, because societies are the assets of any college, right?
I would like to thank one of my college friends SANJANA TAKKAR for helping me out with this article. We both had a mutual feeling when we had joined the college, but after one year we realised that RAMANUJAN COLLEGE is as good as some other top colleges under DU.